Have you ever thought about having a Botox treatment or fillers? Are you considering changing the appearance of the lines on your face? Both cosmetic Botox and fillers can help reduce the appearance of facial lines, reduce the appearance of aging, and help with medical or therapeutic issues such as excessive sweating or migraines.
What is Botox?
Botox is a purified protein produced by clostridium botulism – a bacterium that reduces the activity of the muscles. The substance is then injected into the problem area by a qualified health practitioner.
What does a Botox treatment involve?
- Our team of doctors will administer several tiny injections of Botox directly in the muscles that cause those moderate to severe expression lines
- We will determine where to administer the Botox injections by examining your ability to move certain muscles in the treatment area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create an expression line vary markedly among individuals.
- No anesthesia is required when receiving a Botox injection. Your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Most Botox patients compare the sensation to a pin prick.
- You may resume normal activity immediately. You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe lines in the treatment area. Improvement may continue for as long as a month and could last up to 4 months.
What areas can be treated with Botox?
Botox can be effective in many areas of the face and help with problems including:
- upper face: frown lines, crows feet, “bunny lines” (the horizontal line between the brows)
- lower face: marionette lines (lines at the corners of the mouth), chin, jawline contouring
- nose correction
- neck lines and neck lift
What is therapeutic Botox?
Botox can also be used to help other problems and conditions including:
- excessive sweating/hyperhidrosis
- bruxism/facial slimming for the jawline
It is important to note that for therapeutic purposes under some medical health plans, the cost of Botox injections may be covered.
How much does Botox cost
At Spruce, we offer our Botox injections at $11 per unit.
How often do I need to get treatments?
If you’re pleased with the results of your Botox treatment, we recommend that you start on a treatment schedule so you can continue the benefits.
Discontinuing treatment will cause your expression lines to gradually return to how they looked before your Botox treatment.
What are fillers?
As the skin’s natural aging process takes place, contour on the face can change and wrinkles can deepen. This is due to the depletion of subcutaneous fat and the loss of elasticity or dermal collagen. The end result? Sagging skin.
Sun damage, stress and lifestyle choices are all problems that also contribute to the aging process. How can you minimize signs of aging with our invasive or major surgery? By injecting fillers.
How do fillers work?
Fillers work as a method of soft tissue augmentation – essential they are filling the gap that wrinkles create.
At Spruce, we use a non-animal, non-allergenic standardized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) that is then injected into deficient areas of the skin. The element of hyaluronic acid is a substance that out bodies produce naturally, and as such, fillers are readily accepted by the body without the risk of an allergic reaction. NASHA fillers are the most recent and widely accepted treatment for soft tissue augmentation with a proven track record of reliability.
How long do fillers last for?
Fillers last anywhere between 4 and 12 months and can last even longer in some areas when done in combination with Botox. With the combination of Botox and fillers, we are also able to offer a non-surgical nose job treatment.
What areas can be treated with fillers?
- lip enhancement
- nasio-labial folds/smile lines
- eye contour
- chin and jawline contouring
- pitted scarring
The filler injections we use are of the highest quality available to ensure the best results for our clients. Your treatment will be tailored for you with various different products available to address your specific needs.
A complimentary consultation at our Yaletown spa will determine how you might benefit from the use of fillers in addition to other skin care regimens that you may be currently employing. The appropriate filler to be used in your particular circumstance will be determined at your consultation.
Why choose Spruce?
At Spruce, we operate under the strict guidelines of a Botox clinic. We have a team of fully qualified medical practitioners who are able to administer both of these types of injectables. This allows us the flexibility to provide both Botox injections and fillers with a high level of customer service and care.
A complimentary consultation is the first step to assess goals and treat accordingly. Each patient is given information pre- and post-treatment to ensure the best results from their Spruce Body Lab experience.
Want to know more? Book in for a complimentary consultation or to discuss a treatment.